At SunCoast Traffic School, we believe that choosing the right school is an important first step in your future driving success. While many schools tell you how long they’ve been in business, and how “good” their instructors are, few actually share their real credentials with you because they have none. Here is our story, along with our credentials, to assist you in making a decision.
SunCoast Traffic School (“SCTS”) was founded in Hernando County in 2001. SCTS is owned and operated by Judy and Greg Blesie, who moved to Hernando County from Minneapolis, MN in 1992. The move resulted from Greg accepting a position as Safety/Personnel Manager for the Wal-Mart private fleet in Florida.
Over the next 23 years, Greg served as Director of Driver Management and Safety for an international trucking firm, and as a Regional Safety & Compliance Manager for a large food company with a fleet of more than 5,000 vehicles.
Judy brought her long career in banking to Florida and continued working with a large Southern based bank until she retired in 2002 to take on the day to day operations and administration of the Traffic School.
In November of 2014, Greg retired from his corporate safety career to assist in further developing the services offered by SunCoast Traffic School to provide “best in class” behind the wheel training to the motoring public.
With more than 37 years of corporate safety and driver training experience with some of the largest and safest fleets in the U.S., Greg’s credentials additionally include:
- Certified Safety Management Practitioner (CSMP) – The Institute for Safety and Health Management.
- American Society of Safety Engineers (A.S.S.E) 15 year member. (Certificate in Safety Management and Executive Certificate in Safety Management)
- National Safety Council Member.
Greg holds instructor certifications in the following professional defensive driving courses:
- Advanced Behind the Wheel Driving Instructor – The Smith System
- The National Safety Council’s 8 and 4 hour Professional Driver Courses
- Hartford Insurance’s 3D Driving System
- Liberty Mutual D.R.I.V.E Principles
- National Safety Council 8 hour Coaching the Professional Truck Driver
- National Safety Council 4 hour Refresher Course
- Driver Training Associates 4 hour Basic Driver Improvement Course
- Driver Training Associates TLSAE Course
- Florida Safety Council 32 hour DITCM
- Florida Safety Council 8 Hour DITCM Refresher Course
Greg has authored, implemented, and overseen numerous driver training programs and safety policies and processes, and provided the leadership and support necessary for their successful implementation with a wide variety of specialized vehicle fleets.
Since 2001, it’s been our mission to change the often negative public perception of traffic/driving schools resulting from many in the industry who lack the background and training to be effective by controlling the quality of the training content and it’s delivery to the public. At SunCoast Traffic School, “We Care About Your Safety”.
Thank you for considering SunCoast Traffic School for your training needs. We wish you well and look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Florida Licensed and Certified.