These Teen Driving Links are designed to assist parents and teens in navigating the process of obtaining a drivers license, as well as assisting both in understanding the additional dangers teens face in getting behind the wheel.
SunCoast Traffic School is licensed and certified by the state of Florida to provide the programs needed to obtain a “Permit” and/or “Learners License”, and to provide professional behind the wheel training to assist teens in understanding the traffic system, and how to operate safely within it. Give us a call and we’ll be glad to assist you.
When preparing to take the class E drivers license exam, keep in mind that each county may handle scheduling differently.
Hernando County does not take walk-ins. Instead, an appointment must be scheduled either by calling a Hernando County DMV office or by using the State of Florida “OASIS” system. Here is the link.
Pasco County is currently requiring an appointment as well, but uses their own scheduling system. Here is the link.
The following documents will assist you in preparing the paperwork needed for the Pasco County testing process.
If you are under 18 and are not married one parent or legal guardian must sign your license application. Step-parents may not sign unless they have legally adopted you. This form must be completed and signed in the presence of a driver license examiner, or notarized if parent or guardian will not be present.
- Certification of Minor Experience 71143
- Driving Skills Road Test Checklist
- Pasco Hold Harmless Agreement
Regardless of where you are taking the exam, the following will be required.
- Face Mask
- $6.25 for DMV Test Fee (Additional $20 if failed first attempt)
- If an address change is needed you must provide proof of address including home utility bill, cable or phone bill or something else showing name and address and $25.
- Current Permit – If you supplied proof of identification when you obtained your permit/learners license and the permit contains a gold star, you DO NOT need to take these documents in again. If the permit DOES NOT have a gold star, you will be required to supply the following to obtain your license:
- Proof of Identification bring your birth certificate or United States Passport. If you do not have your original birth certificate (a copy is not acceptable) then you may bring a certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the state you were born in.
- Proof of Social Security Number bring your original social security card or your W-2 showing your social security number.
- Proof of Residential Address such as your home utility bill, cable bill, home telephone bill, etc.
IIHS = Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
End Teen Driving Links